Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please note that while the University remains open, the campus has been closed with limited operations available. Please refer to the web pages for specific units and offices for hours of operations and how to best contact them.
Should you have any COVID-19-related questions, please refer to our comprehensive FAQ page.
Morgan State University has been and will continue to closely monitor the evolving developments involving the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Morgan State University has been and will continue to closely monitor the evolving developments involving the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The University Health Center remains in constant contact with the Baltimore City Health Department and the Maryland Department of Health (MDH), in addition to monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While the current risk to the campus community is low, it is important to provide updates, new information and access to relevant available resources. Accordingly, we will maintain this page to ensure MSU students, faculty and staff are fully informed and kept abreast of the latest updates.
PERSONAL PREVENTION & TIPS
The CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC's recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For more tips and information about COVID-19, visit the CDC's website.
CAMPUS UPDATES & COMMUNICATIONS
- A Message from President David Wilson Regarding Spring 2021 Reopening Plan (November 30, 2020)
- Pandemic Telework Agreement (November 16, 2020)
- A Message from President David Wilson: Making the Tough Decisions Regarding Our FY21 Budget and The Road Ahead (September 17, 2020)
- A Message from the Offices of Finance and Management, Student Affairs, and EMASS: Fall Operations Update (August 12, 2020)
- Morgan Shifts to Remote-Only Instruction for Fall Semester Due to COVID-19 Concerns (August 11, 2020)
- A Message from the VP of Student Affairs for the Student Body: Preparations for the 2020 Fall Semester - (August 2, 2020)
- Updated Guidelines for Employees on Returning to Morgan State University - (July 31, 2020)
- Morgan State University to Require COVID-19 Testing for Return to Campus - (July 30, 2020)
- Reopening Morgan: Fall 2020 Semester Updates (July 29, 2020)
- Morgan State University Cancels In-Person Homecoming 2020 Celebration Amid Safety Concerns Surrounding Pandemic (July 21, 2020)
- Morgan State Issues Statement on MEAC Decision to Suspend Fall Sports (July 18, 2020)
- Morgan State Announces No Increase of Tuition and Fees for 2020/2021 Academic Year (June 15, 2020)
- Morgan’s Fall 2020 Reopening Plan: Growing the Future…Leading the World (June 8, 2020)
- A Message from the Offices of Finance & Management, Student Affairs, and EMASS Regarding Student Reimbursement & Refunds (05/11/20)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Leave Information (04/28/20)
- President Wilson Unveils Plans for Fall Semester (04/20/2020)
- A Message from the Offices of Finance & Management, Student Affairs, and EMASS Regarding Student Refunds (4/14/2020)
- Message from President David Wilson (3/30/2020)
- Message from VP for Student Affairs - Suspension of Housing Check Outs (3/30/2020)
- MSU Bursar and Post Office Operations Update (03/27/20)
- New Protocols for Entering University Buildings and Closing of Campus (3/22/2020)
- Video Message from President David Wilson (3/19/2020)
- Vacating On-Campus Residence Halls and Commencement Decision (3/17/2020)
- Implementation of Morgan Telework and Suspension of Campus Events (3/12/2020)
- Message from the Vice President for Student Affairs (3/11/2020)
- An Important Message from President David Wilson Regarding the Coronavirus and University Operations (3/10/2020)
- Cancellation of University Travel (3/9/2020)
- University Initiates Campus-Wide Pandemic Disease Preparation Plan (3/5/2020)
- Maryland Governor Announces MDH Approved for Coronavirus Testing (3/4/2020)
- Message from the President (2/29/2020)
- Coronavirus: What You Need To Know (2/28/2020)
- Note on Moratorium on all university-sponsored travel to China (2/3/2020)
- Message to the University Community #2 (1/29/2020)
- Message to the University Community (1/29/2020)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & RESOURCES
You may contact the University Health Center for more information.
- CDC Information
- CDC FAQs on COVID-19
- Baltimore City Health Department
- Maryland Department of Health
- Maryland Department of Health COVID-19 Information Portal
This page will be updated as developing information becomes available.
Morgan State University reserves the right to provide some or all instruction and related academic activities through alternative methods of delivery (other than face to face), including remote/online delivery. It also reserves the right to change the method of delivery before or during any academic term in the event of a health or safety emergency or other circumstance when it determines that such change is necessary or in the best interests of the campus community. Tuition and fees will not be reduced or refunded if the University changes the delivery method during any period or all of an academic session.