Effects of Coronavirus on Mental Health
We are all likely experiencing some level of emotional discomfort given the spread of COVID-19. Concerns about health, stress from the disruption that is needed for public health measures, and social distancing may all have impacts on one's mental health and/or may exacerbate underlying symptoms.
Be mindful of these common signs of distress. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, check out our resources on coping.
• Symptoms of depression or anxiety that do not get better with typical coping activities; worsening chronic health problems
• Difficulty concentrating
• Changes in appetite, energy, and activity levels
• Feelings of numbness, disbelief, anxiety or fear
• Difficulty sleeping
• Physical reactions such as headaches, stomach problems, etc.
• Irritability or short-temper