Brown Bag Series and Other Special Events
Brown Bag Series
One time sessions held during the University hour, Thursdays, 11 a.m.- 12 noon in the Counseling Center, CGW 202
Brown Bag sessions require no advance registration.
- 9/14/17: For Freshmen Only: adjustment issues, academic and social stresses of first year students
- 9/21/17: Building Social Confidence: an overview of causes and skills to improve social anxiety. Learn about our ongoing group.
- 9/28/17: Time Management and Study Skills: techniques to help you become a better, more organized student.
- 10/05/17: Special Event (see below): Test Your Mood (Depression Screening) in the USC, 10-3
- 10/12/17: Introduction to Qi Gong, a stress reduction technique
- 10/19/17: For Seniors Only: support and ideas for life after graduation
- 10/26/17: Healthy Relationships: learn about healthy and unhealthy romantic and other relationships
- 11/02/17: Dealing with Grief and Loss: how to handle life's various losses
- 11/09/17: Surviving a Breakup: self care tips and perspectives on being single
- 11/16/17: Conflict and Communication: learn about your conflict style and improve your conflict resolution skills
Attendance is limited. Some instructors offer extra credit for participation.
Special Event: Test Your Mood: National Depression Screening Day
Depression Screening, "Test Your Mood", Thursday, October 5, 2017, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., University Student Center (2nd Floor). Students will have the opportunity to complete a confidential questionnaire and consult with a counselor to determine if they have symptoms of depression or anxiety. Information will be available on depression and many other mental health topics. Some instructors offer extra credit for participation in this event.