Mathematics Override Request Form and FAQs
Please note the Fall Override Processing Dates: August 3 - September 16, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are override requests accepted by the department?
Override forms will be processed during the following dates: August 3, 2020 to September 16, 2020
2. How long does it take to be processed once submitted?
Generally, the form is completed within 5 to 10 business days. You will receive a response from Docusign letting you know whether or not your request has been approved or disapproved. Note. Sometimes when no seats or sections are available, processing of the form for new sections can take 30 to 60 days for processing. This depends on finding available instructors and classroom space.
3. Now that I've submitted my override form, does that mean I'm in the class?
No, not yet. In some cases we ask that you attend the class that you are requesting the override for until you receive an email from Docusign stating that your request has either been signed (approved) or "Declined to Sign". If your override is not approved, you should stop attending the class.
4. Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please direct all Override questions to Mathoverrides@morgan.edu
5. Is there an absolute guarantee that I will get the class that I want if I fill out this form?
You are NOT GUARANTEED entry into the requested class or classes. This is only a request. The request is typically reserved for special circumstances: first semester freshman, first semester transfer students, graduating seniors, students with prerequisite errors, students who pass math proficiency exams, etc.
6. I asked the professor if I could join their class and they said yes. Can I be added to the class?
Unfortunately, it is not up to the professor to add you to the class. You must still fill out an override form for that class. There are often restrictions put into place concerning class size, the size of the room, actual available seating, and other safety concerns.
7. I went to the class I would like to get into and saw that there were empty seats in the room. Can I be added to the class?
Unfortunately not. While there may not be any students physically in the class, they are still registered for the class and, therefore, occupying a seat.
8. Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please direct all questions to Mathoverrides@morgan.edu. Please note that this email will ONLY be active while overrides are being processed.