Override Information

Department of Chemistry Override Request Process

The Department of Chemistry Fall 2020 overrides will begin in August.  Please check Websis often more classes open.

Fall 2020 Organic Chemistry Waitlist Click Here.

Fall 2020 Biochemistry Waitlist (biology majors) Click Here.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. When are override requests accepted by the department?
Override forms will be processed during the following dates: May Graduating Seniors' forms will be processed January 6th through January 12th. All other overrides will be processed January 13th through January 27th.  ***Please note that Override Requests for Lab classes will not be accepted after the 1st week of classes.***

2. How long does it take to be processed once submitted?
Generally, the form is completed within 4 to5 business days.  You will receive a response from Docusign letting you know whether or not your request has been approved or denied.

3. Now that I've submitted my override form, does that mean I'm in the class?
Not yet. We do ask that you attend the class that you are requesting the override for until you receive an email from Docusign stating that your request has either been signed (approved) or "Declined to Sign".  

4.  Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please direct all Override questions to Chemistry.Overrides@morgan.edu.
5. Is there an absolute guarantee that I will get the class that I want if I fill out this form?

You are NOT GUARANTEED entry into the requested class or classes. This is only a request.

6. I asked the professor if I could join their class and they said yes. Can I be added to the class?
Unfortunately, it is not up to the professor to add you to the class. You must still fill out an override form for that class. There are often restrictions put into place concerning class size, the size of the room, actual available seating, and other safety concerns.

7. I went to the class I would like to get into and saw that there were empty seats in the room. Can I be added to the class?
Unfortunately not. While there may not be any students physically in the class, they are still registered for the class and, therefore, occupying a seat.

8. Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please direct all questions to chemistry.overrides@morgan.edu. ***Please note that this email will ONLY be active while overrides are being processed.***