Frequently Asked Questions


1. Where can I get the Override form?
You can find a copy of the override form Here.

2. When are override requests accepted by the department?
We are no longer processing overrides for the Fall Semester. Please check back to see when we are processing for the Spring. 

3. Do I have to submit any other documentation along with the Override form?
Yes. The nature of your request will determine what, if any, additional documentation will need to be submitted. Make sure to read the form to see if you need to provide any additional documents.

4. Where do I submit the Override form?
There is a mailbox outside of Spencer Hall 318 where all forms must be submitted.

5. How long does it take to be processed once submitted?
Generally, the form is completed within 1 to 2 business days.

6. Can I submit the form electronically?
No. The original must be brought back and submitted to the Chemistry Department.

7. Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please direct all questions to ***Please note that this email will ONLY be active while overrides are being processed.

Chemistry 101 General Education Requirement

1. What courses do I take if I entered before Fall 2014?

2. What courses do I take if I entered after Fall 2014?

Chemistry Minor

1. What form do I use to declare a minor in Chemistry?
To declare your minor, you would need a Change of Major form. This form can either be found in the Chemistry Department or in Records and Registration.

2. Once I get the form, how do I complete it?
When declaring a minor, on the line that says "Present/Undesignated Major", you will need to cross out the part that says "major" and change it to "minor". Once it is completed, take the form to Records and Registration and inform that they are adding a minor and NOT changing a major.

3. How many credits do I need for a chemistry minor?
You need 18 credits.

4. What courses can I take for a minor in Chemistry?
Students minoring in chemistry must complete the following required courses:

Application to Pursue Courses off Campus

1. Where can I get the "Application to Pursue Courses" form?
The Application to Pursue Courses Off Campus form can now be completed online! You can find information about it Here!