Message from the Director
Congratulations on your decision to continue your education, and thank you for considering Morgan State for your professional studies in landscape architecture.
Established in 1979, we are proud to be the oldest accredited landscape architecture program in the state of Maryland, and the only Master of Landscape Architecture offered at a Historically Black Institution.
Situated within the School of Architecture + Planning, our 3‐year curriculum prepares students for impactful citizenship and meaningful professional practice, whether in business, a public or research agency, or a non-profit organization.
In addition, our location within the historic City of Baltimore offers students a diverse range of urban environments for learning, engagement, and action. The Baltimore and Washington D.C. metropolitan regions provide considerable internship opportunities for students while enrolled and employment upon graduation.
Studying landscape architecture at Morgan State -- Maryland's preeminent public urban research university -- has additional advantages and distinctions, including:
- a commitment to design that respects heritage and encourages innovation;
- a teaching and learning environment that fosters interaction, interdisciplinary collaboration, and attachment to place;
- a vibrant and personalized studio experience, that maintains a faculty/student ratio of 1:10;
- an approach to design education that catalyzes learning through professional immersion and engagement in the city and region;
- a distinguished faculty, accessible to students and devoted to their work;
- a supportive, engaged, and inclusive student body; and
- a talented, motivated, and highly successful alumni community who are leaders in their field.
We invite you to visit our program pages and hope you find them useful in getting to know us, the profession of landscape architecture, and the Morgan State community. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to visit our campus.
I forward to hearing from you,