From the Director
Congratulations on your decision to continue your education, and thank you for considering Morgan State for your professional studies in landscape architecture. Established in 1979, we are proud to be the oldest accredited landscape architecture program in the state of Maryland, and the only Master of Landscape Architecture offered at a Historically Black Institution.
Situated within the School of Architecture + Planning, our mission is to prepare students for impactful citizenship and meaningful professional practice, in business, with a public or research agency, or at a non-profit organization.
Through collaborative projects, scholarly research, creative endeavors, and community outreach, we exemplify Morgan's role as the preeminent public urban university serving the citizens and lands of Baltimore, Maryland, and the Chesapeake Bay region. Our location offers a range of environments for learning and engagement, together with considerable opportunities for internships and employment while enrolled and upon graduation.
Studying landscape architecture at Morgan State has additional advantages and distinctions, including:
- a commitment to design that respects heritage and encourages innovation;
- a teaching and learning environment that fosters interaction, interdisciplinary collaboration, and attachment to place;
- a vibrant and personalized studio experience, that maintains a faculty/student ratio of 1:10;
- an approach to design education that catalyzes learning through professional immersion and engagement in the city and region;
- a distinguished faculty, accessible to students, and devoted to their work;
- a supportive, engaged, and inclusive student body; and
- a talented, motivated, and highly successful alumni community who are leaders in their field.
We invite you to visit our program pages and hope you find them useful in getting to know us, the profession of landscape architecture, and the Morgan State community. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to visit our campus.
I forward to hearing from you,