From the Director
Welcome and congratulations on your decision to continue your education, and thank you for considering Morgan State for your professional studies in landscape architecture. Established in 1979, we are proud to be the oldest accredited landscape architecture program in the state of Maryland, and the only Master of Landscape Architecture offered at a Historically Black Institution. Situated within the School of Architecture + Planning, our goal is to prepare students for impactful citizenship and meaningful professional practice, whether in business, with a public or research agency, or at a non-profit organization. Through our collaborative projects, scholarly research, creative works, and community outreach, we exemplify Morgan's role as the preeminent public urban university serving the citizens and lands of Baltimore, the state of Maryland, and the Chesapeake Bay region. Our location offers you a range of environments for learning and engagement, and considerable opportunities for internships and employment while enrolled and upon graduation. Studying landscape architecture at Morgan State has other distinctions and advantages, including:
- a commitment to design that respects heritage and encourages innovation;
- a learning environment that fosters interdiciplinary interaction and collaboration;
- a vibrant and personalized studio experience with a faculty/student ratio of 1:10;
- an approach to design education that catalyzes learning through professional immersion in the city and region;
- a distinguished faculty, accessible to students and devoted to their work;
- a supportive, engaged, and inclusive student body; and
- a talented and motivated alumni community who are leaders in their field.
We invite you to visit our program pages and hope you find them useful in getting to know us, the profession of landscape architecture, and the Morgan State community. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us @land.arch.morgan.
We forward to hearing from you,