ASCEND is partnering with research institutions and pipeline institutions.
Faculty and scientists from the following institutions will serve as mentors for ASCEND Scholars, and support the ASCEND program in other ways.
- Johns Hopkins University
- ASCEND Expert Consultant: Joseph Coresh, MD
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- National Institutes of Health
- ASCEND Expert Consultant: Christopher T. Sempos, PhD
We will be working with many high schools, community colleges, and related organizations in order to develop a pipeline of highly-qualified students to participate in the ASCEND program, and to support the efforts of these entities to educate their students in areas that will prepare them to enter college and graduate school and become biomedical researchers.
Some of the organizations we are working with include:
- Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC)
- Medical Education Resources Initiative for Teens (MERIT)