CBPR Small Grants
This initiative's purpose is to fund small health-related community-based participatory research (CBPR) projects, led collaboratively by Morgan State University faculty in partnership with a community-based initiative or stakeholder. The program creates opportunities for students and faculty to design and participate in health-related CBPR projects.
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, ASCEND will award up to six projects per year of up to $20,000 each through a competitive review process.
- A Community-University Advisory Board (CUAB), which includes community stakeholders and representatives from MSU, oversees the initiative.
- Project funds are administered by Fusion Partnerships, Inc.
- Learn more about CBPR on our CBPR Resources page.
Need a matchmaker? Need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this program, but:
- Don't have a community or MSU partner, and she'll try to find you a match.
- Are having difficulty with the forms, and she'll help you with them.
Letter of Intent Due Date: April 20, 2018, 11:59 PM; Letters of intent are required.
Proposal Due Date: June 1, 2018, 11:59 PM
Review Period: June through September 2018
Award Project Period: October 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 (subject to change).
Technical Assistance Opportunity: May 1, 2018, 1 to 3 pm (email email@example.com to register; location will be provided after you've registered).
Application Forms & Instructions:
- CBPR small grants application 2018 forms & instructions
- CBPR grant routing form (requires signatures from your Chair and Dean)
MSU IRB Forms: MSU IRB forms can be found on the human subjects research webpage.