1. Any student requiring textbooks in alternative formats should meet with the textbook manager at the University Bookstore. Please be prepared to submit a paper copy of your upcoming academic course schedule and the type of alternative format you are requesting at least 30 days prior to the first day of classes.
2. The University Bookstore will contact the publishers of the required texts regarding the process for obtaining alternative format for the student, as it is different for each publisher. Many publishers require proof of purchase before supplying alternative formats, so be prepared to provide a receipt.
3. Once the University Bookstore has received the information from the publishers regarding their internal procedures, the information will be forwarded to the Office of Student Disability Support Services. The process will be completed by providing the necessary information to the publishers.
4. Once Student Disability Support Services receives the alternative format for the required texts, they will be passed along to the student. Please note, publishers have different response times and this process can take weeks to receive alternative formats.
5. In the event that a book publisher cannot provide the materials sought by an eligible student, the Maryland Accessible Textbook program may be able to scan the materials and provide them in an alternative format, in accordance with their procedures.
If you should have any questions regarding these procedures, please feel free to contact the University Store management team at 443-885-3075 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com