How To Apply for Summer Financial Aid
Procedures to Apply for Summer Session(s) Aid
- Retrieve a summer application from the Office of Financial Aid and/or retrieve it online.
- Applications will only be processed if students are registered for summer classes.
- Submit the completed application to the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) via fax (443) 885-8272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allow 2 to 4 weeks for Financial Advisors to determine your aid eligibility and to process your award. Your award will be posted on WebSIS. You should Accept or decline your aid immediately
- Aid will consist of residual aid that was not awarded during the Fall or Spring semesters for current school year.
- Residual aid could consist of federal aid, Pell, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans.
- Year-round Pell will be available to eligible students for 2019-2020 award year. This change to the Federal Pell Grant Program allows eligible students to receive up to 150 percent of a regular Federal Pell Grant Award over the course of the academic year (Fall, Spring, and Summer). To be eligible to receive the additional Pell Grant funds, the student must be otherwise eligible to receive Pell Grant funds for the payment period and must be enrolled at least half-time.(6 credits)
- Private Alternative loans can be used for the summer sessions.
- If it is determined that you are not eligible to receive residual/additional OFA you will be notified via your MSU email address.
- If parents are applying for the Direct Plus loan apply early using the summer sessions as the loan periods.
- Summer Sessions per University Calendar dates are as follows:
- Summer Session I: June 1, 2020-July 1, 2020
- Summer Session II: July 13, 2020-August 12, 2020