Financial Aid Timeline
October- Complete FAFSA application October 1st for the New Academic Year
- Office of Financial Aid will notify student of all loans canceled if not accepted for Fall
- Process FAFSA for new academic year
- Award notifications are sent out
December-All students should check for balances for Fall semester.
February-Office of Financial Aid begin receiving and reviewing FAFSA information for awarding and notifying students.
March 1st-Maryland State Scholarship deadline to submit FAFSA Morgan State University priority deadline to submit FAFSA.
April-Continue to award and notify all students via mail (award letters) for New Students and Email for continuing students. Allow 2-4 weeks for non selected and 4-6 weeks for selected. Summer Sessions Financial Aid Apps Available.
May-Continue reviewing student's aid for new academic year and making awards as FAFSA applications and verification documents are received.
- Continue awarding process
- Encourage all new borrowers to complete entrance counseling (in-person session) and master promissory note at www.studentloans.gov
July-Continue awarding process.
August-Post aid to student accounts 7 days prior to the first day of class
September-Refund list are verified for eligibility. Notify student of revision due to enrollment changes required adjustments or revisions.