There are group study rooms on the south perimeter of each floor available for walk-in use. These rooms are primarily intended for groups (3 or more) of students.
Food is not permitted in study rooms
All litter should be placed in the appropriate receptacles
Materials and personal items left unattended for extended periods of time will be removed
Faculty/Graduate Student/Visiting Faculty Study Lounge and Rooms
The Faculty/Graduate Student Study Lounge and Rooms are located on the1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. The space is reserved for Morgan State University faculty and graduate students who are working on long-term research projects (e.g. books, theses, dissertations) a space to work and store their research materials.
Graduate students must be enrolled during the assigned time period.
Faculty must be employed by during the assigned time period.
Emeritus faculty, visiting faculty and researchers must be sponsored by a faculty member or the Library Director.
There is no rental cost for study rooms and no key deposit.
If keys are not returned promptly at the end of the study room assignment, a non-refundable charge of $25 is made to cover the cost of lock and key replacement.
Wireless connectivity is available all Morgan faculty, students, staff and administrators at no cost if your PC computer is equipped with a wireless card.
Contact the Computer Support Desk for help configuring your computer for wireless access to the campus network.
REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE USE OF STUDY ROOMS
- Study rooms are to be used for reading and research and are not intended to provide office or conference space.
- Names are not to be posted on the doors.
- Mail and messages will not be delivered to study rooms by library staff.
- The library has provided essential furniture for each study room and no additional library furniture may be included without proper authorization.
- Signs, pictures, posters, etc., are not to be attached to any surface of the study room.