Faculty members may place library materials on Reserve for use by their students. Reserves are shelved at the Circulation Desk and are available for use within the Library for short periods of time. Materials on Reserve are noted in the online catalog--searchable by the instructor's name, course number, course name, department name, or words in the title. Faculty Reserve Request forms are available online or they may be picked up at the Circulation Desk. For questions, contact Mrs. Eva Colbert in the Circulation Department by telephone at 443-885-3477 or x1710.
- Faculty should make their requests on Faculty Reserve Request forms and submit them at the Circulation Desk at least five days prior to the beginning of the reserve period. Please allow two weeks processing time if the items are needed at the beginning of a semester.
- Faculty are requested to pull the items from the shelves and present them to the Circulation desk for processing. Books that are in circulation will be recalled.
- Periodical articles or passages from books should be submitted in photocopy form. The Library staff will make up to four additional copies, in accordance with copyright restrictions.
- Articles that are available online, full text, through the database subscriptions will not be accepted for Reserves. Faculty are asked to check current databases before requesting that an item be placed on reserve.
- Non-circulating materials from Reference or other specialized service areas are not placed on Reserve. They remain in the area where they are usually housed: Reference, Special Collections, Government Documents, Multimedia.
- Faculty who wish to place personal copies of books or other items on Reserve may do so, but such items are accepted for reserve at the owner's risk. Understand that bar codes labels and reserve labels will be affixed to the personal items.
- Materials will be removed from reserve status on the date specified by the instructor or at the end of the academic session. Instructors must submit new lists each academic term, in accordance with copyright regulations.
Earl S. Richardson Library
Text: askmorganlibrary + your question to 66746
Sun: 1 pm -
Mon-Wed: 24 hours (close at midnight Wed)
Thu: 8 am - 12 am
Fri: 8 am - 6 pm
Sat: 9 am - 6 pm