It is the mission of the Morgan State University Police and Public Safety Department to provide a safe and secure campus environment conducive to education for Morgan State University students, faculty, staff and visitors.
It is the mission of the Morgan State University Police and Public Safety Department to support the educational process and the mission of the university and its strategic plan. We are committed to providing the highest quality of police service to our students, faculty, staff and interfacing with the surrounding community.
- Address issues that impede or disrupt the peace that is necessary for the orderly operation of the academic process.
- Protect the university property, faculty, staff, and students and initiate Police action.
- Enforcing the laws of the State of Maryland.
- Educate the campus community on safety and crime prevention techniques.
- Provide general service and assistance to the university students, faculty, staff and visitors.
We respect life and liberty and are sensitive to the needs and concerns of the community, treating everyone with respect, compassion, and dignity.
We are guided by the principles of justice and honesty. We employ the highest ethical standards; we demand of ourselves accountability, consistency, fairness to the community, and truthfulness in the pursuit of our mission.
We take pride in our University. We are committed to excellence in our profession, and maintain the highest standards of training, education, and discipline in our field.