Information for Faculty and Staff
Creating an Online Course: Morgan is a member of Maryland Online, and uses the Quality Matters rubric as a guide for course development. Courses must meet Quality Matters standards by an internal review. To create an online course, faculty must perform the following steps:
- Schools and Departments determine what courses are to be developed for online. Verify with your department that the course that you are interested in developing online meets the objectives of your department.
- Verify that Morgan Online has funding to support your course development. (443) 885-4720.
- Complete the Online Course Development Agreement. You, your chair and dean must sign this agreement.
- Submit the Online Course Development Agreement to Morgan Online. Online@morgan.edu
- Attend the developers courses. Online developers must attend the Quality Matters Designing Your Online Course or Desinging Your Blended course and MSU Teach Online.
- Obtain a Blackboard DE_Template for your new online course. Morgan uses Blackboard as the learning management system for all online courses. Contact Karen Rubinstein (Karen. Rubinstein@morgan.edu) to receive the template.
- Design your online course using the Blackboard DE_Template.
Becoming an Online Course Reviewer: Morgan uses Certified Quality Matters Peer Reviewers to perform internal QM reviews of its online courses. To become a reviewer, you must meet the Quality Matters requirements. https://www.qualitymatters.org/professional-development/courses/prc Morgan Online provides training and incentives for revieweres. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.