- Full-time exempt executive and administrative staff employees are eligible to earn 22 days per year at a rate of 6.77 hours per pay period. Beginning with the 21st year of employment, annual leave is earned at the reate of 25 days per calender year at a rate of 7.69 hours per pay period. Annual leave is pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Employees are eligible for up to 11 holidays per calendar year. Employees earn additional leave for general or congressional elections and special holidays declared by the Governor.
- Regular employees are eligible to earn up to 15 days of sick leave per year. Sick leave may be accumulated without limit. If the employee is a member of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System, accrued sick leave is credited to the employee's service time at retirement.
- In each calendar year, a full-time regular employee is entitled to three (3) days of personal leave and a part-time employee is entitled to the percentage of three (3) days of personal leave equal to the percentage the part-time position is funded or the incumbent is employed.
Other Types of Leave:
- There are other types of paid leave available, such as: administrative leave, bereavement, compensatory, accident, and emergency release which can be used by the employee.
- Paid leave is also granted for the following: military service for up to 15 work days per year; jury duty; summoned court appearances, as long as the employee is not a party to the action nor a paid witness; and up to four hours for exams and interviews within the State Personnel Management System.