Mission & Vision
VETERANS ENGAGEMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The Veterans Engagement team provides, facilitates, and coordinate programs and services to meet the special needs of veterans, service members, spouses, dependents, and survivors in order to ease their transition into college life to fulfill their educational goals.
VETERANS ENGAGEMENT VISION STATEMENT
The Veterans Engagement team is nestled under the Office of the Registrar whose vision is to ensure that Morgan State University will serve as a viable "University of Choice" option for all student veterans, service members, spouses, and dependents.
In our commitment to support the University's vision, we have established and continue to implement processes that signify who we are and where we want to be for our service members. The following are our goals for the future:
- Increase the attractiveness of the University to prospective and current veteran students.
- Assisting the University with recruitment efforts to a broader veteran population of prospective students through outreach and partnerships endeavors.
- Create partnerships with veteran programs at neighboring institutions of higher learning, community organizations, and veteran-friendly businesses.
- Create an environment of sensitivity and understanding of veterans needs
- Poll current veteran students for suggestions on how the University work better to assist them
- Provide veteran students with networking opportunities to promote internships and career placement connections.