Applying to Graduate
THE SPRING 2018 APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY FEBRUARY 23, 2018!
Undergraduate students within two semesters (90 or more credits) of completing their degree requirements are eligible to apply for graduation. Applying can be done easily online through the "Apply to Graduation" link available in your Websis student records tab. A review, by both the academic department and the Registrar's Office, is conducted for each candidate's status towards completion of the degree requirements. All majors, minors, and certificates are reviewed, as well as the general education requirements. Once they have officially applied for graduation candidates are notified of their official status via their MSU email account from the Registrar's Office.
Undergraduates must apply for graduation through the "Apply to Graduation" link available in their Websis student records tab. Students who have not officially applied to graduate by the deadline will not be considered for commencement.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Commencement Participation
Undergraduate students who are enrolled to complete all degree requirements by the end of the spring semester may elect to participate in the May commencement ceremony. Undergraduate students who are enrolled to complete all degree requirements by the end of the fall semester may elect to participate in the December commencement ceremony. Students who complete their degree requirements in one of the summer sessions may elect to participate in the following December commencement ceremony and those completing their requirements during the winter session may elect to participate in the following May commencement ceremony. Students may only participate in one commencement ceremony based upon the semester in which all degree requirements will be met.
In-progress coursework, including incomplete grades, will be included in the calculations when determining student's eligibility for undergraduate commencement participation (120 credit requirement and 2.0 GPA requirement).
Exceptions for undergraduate commencement participation will not be considered.
Undergraduate Graduation Checklist
- I have contacted my advisor(s) and expect that I will have completed all requirements for my major/minor/certificate program(s) by the end of my graduating semester, including PRAXIS scores, if applicable.
- I will have completed the number of credits required by my degree program, and expect to have passed both my writing and speech proficiency exams by the end of my graduating semester.
- I have a grade point average of 2.00 or higher
- I have reviewed my major/minor/certificates in WebSIS and verified that they are accurately listed. If you have changed your major, please ensure that your records are updated accordingly. For questions regarding the change of major process, you may contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-885-3300, or visit in person at Montebello A117.
- I have reviewed my mailing address and name in the system and verified it is accurately listed. To verify/update your permanent address and/or name you may contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com, 443-885-3300, or visit in person at Montebello A117.
- I have satisfied all of my financial obligations to Morgan State University. For questions regarding financial balances, you may contact the Office of the Bursar at 443-885-3108.
If you have questions about applying for graduation, please contact the Office of the Registrar at Graduation@morgan.edu or visit in person at Montebello A117.