Jobs and Internships
Information Systems graduates usually start their careers as entry-level programmers, systems analysts, software engineers,network specialists, help-desk specialist, Internet engineers, web specialists, and webmasters to name a few.
Corporations that have recruited graduates of our program:
Agilent Technologies, AT&T, Booz-Allen-Hamilton, DuPont, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Hughes Information Systems, Lockheed-Martin, Lucent Technologies, Microsoft, Telcordia, Verizon, and many more...
Contact Faculty members and your academic adviser for Internship Opportunities not listed here.
McCormick Corporation - March 2015
Then enter in the Keywords section the word "internship" and select the radio button which says "in job title".
Students can also search via Requisition ID: 16521, 16721, 16722, 16723, 16761.
T Rowe Price - March 2015
Maryland Job Network. Please search on key terms such as "Internship," or other job titles such as "entry level"
Thank you for expressing interest in starting your career at the United States Postal Service! Below you will find an overview of the 2015 Management Foundations Program and information to apply.
Please note: All applicants must have graduated by May 2015 or have received their most recent degree no more than two years ago (Spring 2013 is the latest degree accepted) and must hold permanent U.S. citizenship to apply for this program. The eCareer system will ask for your work history, however you MUST attach a copy of your resume and transcript if you wish to be considered for a position with USPS.
- Permanent, full time rotational program
- Assigned to a business unit that best the background/degree
- Eligible for two grade level promotions as performance goals are met during the program
- Outplacement into professional position after 18 months
What makes the MFP Program great?
- Entry level professionals will gain the experience needed to develop strong professional and technical skills
- Participate with a cohort of trainees assigned to various business units recruited from various Universities around the country
- Monthly professional development trainings
- Exposure to top USPS executives to include CEO, CFO, VPs, etc.
- Field experience within first year of the trainee program
- Trainee will rotate and gain knowledge of multiple business units
- Build a strong network within USPS
Management Trainee Opportunities & Preferred Majors:
- Architect Engineer Trainee – NC84746316 (architecture; construction management; or civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical engineering)
- Operations Industrial Engineer Trainee – NC84944654 & NC84944921 (industrial engineering or engineering)
- Engineering Analyst Trainee – NC84959445 (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Science and Information Systems)
- Business System Analyst Trainee – NC84945647 (Mathematics, Informatics, Statistics and Business Analytics)
- Mathematical Statistician Trainee – NC84962427 (Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research)
- Qualified applicants must be recent graduates who have earned a Bachelor's or Master's degree or Doctorate from an accredited college or university within 24 months of the vacancy announcement closing date. Applicants currently attending an accredited college or university and expect to complete the qualifying degree requirements prior to the start of the program are also eligible for consideration.
- Must have received an ABET accredited degree (Bachelors, Masters, and/or Ph.D.) by May 2015 from a College or University
- Concentration in an applicable discipline (Engineering, Human Resources,
Accounting/Finance, Supply, Sales/Marketing, Information Technology, etc.)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- If you are a male, please provide your selective service number
How to Apply
- Our application system is ONLY supported by the following browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0; Mozilla Firefox 3.5.
- Please make certain that you have ample time to complete the process, as it may take up to 2 hours to complete.
Using the eCareer System
- Go to: www.usps.com/employment< http:/ /www.usps.com/employment >
- In the Keyword Search field, please enter the position number. For example: NC80829373 - PURCHASING AND SM SPECIALIST EAS - 17 AURORA CO. Select the position and select Start.
- Click on the position title link to review the job description and requirements before applying
- Select the position by clicking the box to the left of the job title and click on the apply button below.
- If you have not registered or applied with the USPS before, you will be prompted to create your profile. If you have applied before enter your Username and Password to log into your profile
- Make certain that you update all your personal data and that your work history is complete.
- Items marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and MUST be completed.
- When filling out your employment history, your history must be complete with NO gaps in employment. If there is a gap, you must account for that time by entering the dates in the date field and stating Unemployed. Failure to do so will not allow you to move forward with submitting your application.
- When completing your application, please take note of the “Summary of Qualifications” section.
Please make sure that you address each requirement that is listed on the job posting in this section and/or provide a separate document addressing those requirements listed.
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, March 8th at 11:59 p.m., Central Time of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans' preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE : Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.
Please email me when you have completed the application process.
NASA will host a webinar for students and recent graduates interested in federal careers. Webinar information is listed below.
When: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 and Thursday, March 5, 2015
Where: Online Via Webinar
Who: All Sophomore, Juniors, Seniors going to Graduate School and Graduate students majoring in:
- Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Egineering, and STEM related academic majors
- Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Management, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Administration, and related academic majors
- Limited opportunities for other fields of study
This webinar will provide you with the essentional information on student internship opportunities at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). We look frowrard to your participation.
Click Here to Register
World Relief Org: Posted March, 2015