Transfer Student Requirements
Morgan State University welcomes applications from transfer students from community colleges and four-year colleges and universities accredited by Maryland and/or a regional accrediting association. All transfer students, must submit the following to complete an application:
- Online application with $35 application fee or acceptable fee waiver (OR)
- Paper application with $45 application fee or acceptable fee waiver
- Official transcript from all colleges/universities
- Official high school transcript (if student has less than 24 credits)
- SAT or ACT scores (if student has less than 12 credits)
Students are expected to have a cumulative average of 2.0 from all colleges attended and to be "in good standing" at the last institution attended. (If students have less than 24 credits, they must also meet the respective freshmen requirements.) In all cases, the transfer student must earn the last 30 credit hours toward the desired degree at the University as a full-time or part-time student. Applications from transfer students with A.A. and A.A.S. degrees earned at Maryland community colleges will be evaluated as determined by the Maryland Student Transfer Policy.
*Please note: developmental and/or remedial classes are not transferable. Official high school transcripts are required only for students who are transferring with less than twenty four (24) credits from the community college.