General Accounting is located in Montebello Complex A-Wing - Rooms 213, 214 and 216. This office is responsible for controlling and reporting the financial status of the University to internal and external parties.
To assist the departments in various tasks, the General Accounting staff is available to assist department heads, administrative assistants, and other appropriate University personnel to handle the following functions:
- Verify the accuracy of their budgets and the transactions that are being posting to their cost centers.
- Post requisitions to Banner Finance.
- Approve requisitions on a timely basis. We recommend the various approvers to log in to Banner Finance at least daily for this task.
Please note that department heads, administrative assistants, and other appropriate University personnel should have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their departmental finances.
General Accounting staff is available to assist whenever possible but specifically will handle the following functions:
- Banner Finance Activity
- Out of State Travel Approval
- Encumbering 'Request for Ememrgency Disbursement' and 'Petty Cash Forms'
While the General Accounting staff works constantly with the University’s departments in getting financial information posted on a timely basis and accurately to Banner Finance, they also work with the university community regularly on other functions such as:
- Processing Requests for Contractual Employment
- Processing Requests for Overtime
- Subsidized Health Insurance
Banner Finance Activity
Out of State Travel Approval
Encumbering 'Request for Emergency Disbursement' and 'Petty Cash' forms
Processing Requests for Contractual Employment
Processing Requests for Overtime
Subsidized Health Insurance
Working Fund/Student Exchange Fund