Office of Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity
The Office of Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity is charged with the day-to-day implementation of the nondiscrimination policies of Morgan State University. The major responsibilities of the Office of Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity are to educate the University community about affirmative action and equal employment opportunity laws, and to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements University policy statements pertaining to equal opportunity and diversity.
- Investigates employment complaints of discrimination based on race, gender (to include sexual harassment), age, ancestry, national origin, disability, religion, color, sexual orientation or veterans' status.
- Participates in identifying problem areas of potential discrimination and determining appropriate solutions and/or corrective actions.
- Ensures that University employment policies and programs are in compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines, including those of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and the Maryland Human Relations Commission (MHRC); and coordinate compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). The Director serves as the Section 504/ADA Coordinator.
- Develops policies and procedures that address all aspects of equal employment opportunity.
- Advises the Director of Human Resources regarding equal employment opportunity and diversity hiring procedures and equity compliance requirements.